Fixing Mediatomb on Ubuntu 15.04

Apparently, Mediatomb got b0rked on Ubuntu 15.04 since my clients can’t seem to find my server right after a dist-upgrade. Upon checking the logs, I found that it’s bound to another port – specifically 50500.  But everything’s fine when started manually. So I checked the init scripts on /etc and pinpointed the culprit to /etc/default/mediatomb, I guess they reworked it.

MT_INTERFACE is set to lo, I changed it to eth0

MT_PORT may be left alone, but I changed it back to 49152 since that’s the port I’ve set in /etc/mediatomb/config.xml

I restarted Mediatomb and I got my videos playing back on my phone.

Leave a Reply